Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Value of a Memory


My computer was down for a few days. I ended up talking to technical support to see what I could do to bring my computer back to like. After trying several things, the tech told me that he thought that my hard drive might be ruined and that my files and photo were most likely lost.

I was devastated. I have been scanning in my families photos and putting them on family websites and CDs. There were a lot of photos that were on my computer that had not been backed up anywhere. I did not realize how much value those photos held for me until I thought that they were gone for ever. Thankfully, we had a good friend that was able to help us fix our computer. Nothing was lost. Everything is now backed up in several places, but I am grateful for the experience because now I know how precious those photos truly are.

0 comments: