Friday, April 25, 2008

Gone to the Worms

Today we were working in our flower beds. I discovered a worm and showed it to my children. My daughter wanted to hold it and then my son wanted one of his own. Soon I was hunting all over the place for worm after worm. We talked about how important it was for the worms to not dry out, so we made sure that they were only out for a little while before we returned them to the dirt.

My son placed his last worm gently in the dirt and then said, "Bye, bye worm. I love you!" It was so sincere and sweet.

This whole episode got me thinking about worms and looking for a picture of one. This took my in a direction that I did not expect to go. Take a look at this clip and see if it brings back memories for you. I give you the worm from Labyrinth.

1 comments:

puffbird said...

Love this movie. :) And I love the story about your kids and the worms. So CUTE!