Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our Wonderful Children's Museum

On St. Patrick's Day, our local The Discovery Gateway Children's Museum let us (and anyone else who wanted to) discover all the fun things it has to offer for free. Kayley had been there before with her Aunt Kim, but it was my first time. What an amazing place it is! I took a few million pictures while I was there. I won't bore you with all of the them, but here are a few.



Kayley and the rock wall. She kept on wanted to try it until she was satisfied with what she could do.



This is a random cool jeep that you could pretend to put gas into. Jonathan and Kayley just thought that it was cool.



This is part of the "grocery store" they had set up for the kids to experience.



Here they got to use teamwork to help "build" structures.



This was in a structure that resembled a beehive. The kids loved it because you could send balls into these tubes where they would go flying off. The bonus is that you would get hit with a small blast of air. This of course, was Kayley's favorite part.



They had this cool defuct helicopter that the kids could explore.



Here is a "Mad Scientist" making "Leprechaun's Brew". The kid's found this absolutely fastinating.



Jonathan had fun building with these unusual blocks.

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Wow. Looks fun! I'll have to take Madi there sometime when she is older. What a fun day!

Tracy said...

That looks like a wonderful museum...I wish I knew if we had something like that around here. I think LR has a Discover Museum, but I've not been to it...gotta check that out!Looks like you guys had a ton of fun.