Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Things I'm Thankful for This Pregnancy



This is me at about 6 1/2 months. Thanksgiving put me in the mood to really contemplate the things that I am thankful for. My pregnancy has not been perfect, but there is still a lot of things that have been good about the experience.

Here are a few of them:

1. I have been fairly healthy and according to the ultrasounds our daughter is also very healthy.

2. Our baby is very active. She especially gets excited when she hears her brother and sister playing.

3. My knee has been acting just about as well as can be expected under the circumstances. :D

4. I'm having a lot of fun planning and dreaming about what to do about the "girl's room" and Jonathan's room.

5. It is fun to watch Jonathan and Kayley get excited about our new baby. Jonathan especially seems to love "practicing" being a big brother to every baby that he sees.

6. I live very close to the hospital that I will be delivering at. My doctor's office is just 3 floors up from where I will deliver.

7. I have family nearby that are willing and able to step in to help when I'm feeling not up to the tasks of the day. It is comforting knowing that they are already excited to step in and help when little Emily arrives.

8. My dear friends who are pregnant with me. It has been comforting to be able to discuss how were are doing and to be able to relate to each other.

9. I love seeing Brad get excited about our new little daughter.

10. I love getting Emily's things ready. I'm enjoying washing her clothes and imaging what she will look like in them.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I miss being pregnant...I guess that sounds funny, huh? Enjoy every moment!!!