Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Little Runaway



My daughter threatens to runaway every month or so. She is only 4, but she has thought it through way too much for my liking. Last night she said that she was going to runaway to her grandma and grandpa's house because my husband spanked her and sent her to her room for slamming her little brother's toes in the bathroom door. She already had her suitcase packed.

I told her that it wouldn't be a good idea to try to walk to their house because a stranger might pick her up. She said, "Oh, that's OK; I'll just take a taxi!".

At bedtime, I asked her how she would feel if I said that I would like to trade her in for a different kid. She said, "Not very good." I then asked her how she thought I felt when she told me that she wanted someone else to raise her. She again said, "Not very good." She decided that she would not talk about running away again (We'll see how long that lasts). Sigh. I thought running away was an older child ploy. I think that I am really in for it when she is a teenager.

0 comments: