Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Baking Product or Shampoo?


Leaving two little boys alone for five minutes can lead to a very interesting adventure. This is the lesson that I learned yesterday.

I was watching my friend's son who is almost two years old for a couple of hours. He had been playing fairly well with my 2 1/2 year old son. I was looking up something on my computer and the boys had shut the door closest to me so that I could not watch them play in the playroom.

I heard the door open to the other side of the basement and I looked over to see my son completely covered in flour. Not a good sign! I opened the door completely and found flour all over the floor, the mats, the vacuum, and a very casper looking little boy. Sigh. There is no use crying over spilled flour right.

Well, I decided that the little boys were in desperate need of a bath. My friend's child had so much flour in his hair that you could not tell that his hair is brown and his scalp was completely caked in white flour. I'm pretty sure that my son had poured a lot of it onto his head using the cup that we use to scoop the floor out of the storage bucket.

The little boy did not take very kindly to get an impromptu bath. After my son joined him, he decided that maybe playing in the water was a better option than crying. My son, came clean immediately. I shampooed the other little guy's hair four times and then gave up trying to get all the flour out of his hair. The remnants had turned into paste. Grrrr!

I put them both in fresh clothes just in time for my friend to arrive. We decided that laughing was a much better option than crying. The moral of this story is, never leave two something year olds alone in the vicinity of a container of flour. It is not a good thing.

3 comments:

puffbird said...

I am still alternately laughing and feeling bad that they made such a mess!! It is pretty funny, though. I did the best I could to help sweep up, but there was so much flour on the floor...

Dani said...

I babysat my four-year old niece last week and we were hanging out on the porch (which was her idea..) and it was chilly. I was trying to convince her to go in, saying I was cold, and she immediately offered to get my jacket.

I waited and waited on the porch until I realized she had been gone for some time. I went back in and she was chomping on a piece of pizza. (I had ordered the pizza but it came barely sliced and I had to cut it with a SHARP knife to separate it...)

When I asked her how she obtained this piece of pizza, she smiled and said, "I cut it with the knife." as she smiled at me beatifically. I was horrified.

My sister when told simply said "she cannot be trusted!" What was I thinking??? :D

(Danielle, from Facebook)

Jaime said...

This is too funny!